Incomplete video upload or no video data attached errors are caused by camera connectivity issues. Poor internet connections and wifi signals are the most common culprits. If you regularly get video errors, please check the following:
- Confirm that your camera's Firmware is up to date.
- Verify that your camera isn’t located too far away from your router. Your router will detail the range it provides. If the camera is accessible from the app, the measured WiFi strength can be obtained by selecting More Information in the camera page. A strength of 80 or greater is ideal.
- You have enough bandwidth on both your internet connection and your local wifi network to accommodate all of your connected computers and other devices (see Network Compatibility for more information on internet connection speeds).
- Cordless phones and microwave ovens operate on the same frequency as the cameras and its local wifi network. Placing the modem/router or camera in close proximity to these devices can interfere with data transfer.
- Unstable modem/router or internet connections can cause video errors. Power cycle your modem and/or router to see if your problem resolves. If you continue to have internet connectivity problems, please speak with your internet provider.
If no video data is attached due to exceeding the allowed video uploads, please see this article.